Inca Jungle to Machu Picchu – 4D/3N
Attractions You’ll See
- All Transfer services
- Transportation from Cusco - Malaga Pass
- Bicycles with full suspension
- Train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- transportation from Ollantaytambo a Cusco
- Food as mentioned in the itinerary
- Vegetarian options available. (it’s important to mention any dietary restrictions)
- Entrances Fees
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Hot Spring in Cocalmayo
- 1 night in a rural- local house with basic services (shared room)
- 1 nights accomodation in Santa Teresa
- 1 night accommodation in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
- Professional bilingual guide
- Mountain bikes and security equipment
Does not include
- Personal care items
- Tips for the guide
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day
- Bus Up and Down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Rafting Activity
- Zip Line Activity
- Trekking Accessories
- Strong walking shoes for trekking
- Lightweight backpack of 20 liters
- Some cash in small bills
- Hat or cap
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long and short pants
- Rain coat
- Sweater and thick jacket
- Biodegradable Plastics
- Plastic bags
- Optional plastic raincoat (poncho)
- Personal Care
- Eco-friendly Tomatodo (canteen)
- Camera with extra batteries and memory
- Toilet paper
- First Aid Kit
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock with a 40 UV factor of at least
- Medical or personal items
Cusco - Santa Maria town (biking and rafting)
The guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco early in the morning. We’ll start the trip to Ollantaytambo where we’ll have breakfast then we’ll travel by bus to the highest place of the trip: Málaga pass (4350 masl), next to the Verónica snowy to make the descent on bicycles to Huaman Marca t – Santa Maria town (1890 masl), ending this activity we’’ll be ready to have a delicious lunch.
After a break, we’ll be ready to continue the adventure with a rafting on the Urubamba River (optional), not too dangerous, but not too boring; perfect to have fun; finishing this incredible activity we will have a short walk to Quellomayo that is a local house where we will enjoy dinner attended by a native family who will offer us an experience with coffee and achiote.
Santa Maria Town – Santa Teresa Town (trekking – Cocalmayo Hot springs)
After breakfast, we go to the Inca route where we start walking for about 4 hours through the high forest among the abundance of flora and fauna. In this area it is possible to see many types of plants, orchids, birds and other wild animals, a paradise of biodiversity in the Inca jungle.
We will continue our walk along the Inca Trail after having lunch made by a local community with native fruits and tubers of the area.
Cocalmayo Hot springs will be the trophy where we’ll relax and enjoy its relaxing warm waters and then go to bed.
Santa Teresa Town – Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Town (Ziplining - Trekking)
The next morning; After having a good breakfast, we start to walk from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town). Along this flat trail you’ll find beautiful waterfalls, diversity of wildlife near to the beautiful Urubamba River.
Continuing with the walk we will arrive at a restaurant where we will enjoy a delicious lunch and take a short break. This small trekking takes about 3 hours; After arriving at our destination for the day, we will enjoy a great dinner where we will have a briefing about our next excursion for the citadel of Machu Picchu. Then you will have the night free to explore or walk around Aguas Calientes town.
If you like to feel pure adrenaline, in Santa Teresa we can take the zip line service, with six cables of 800 meters long approx. Each one reaching a maximum speed of 80 km / H, then we cross a suspension bridge and do a light rock climb to finish this activity, the bus will take us to Hydroelectric where we will enjoy our lunch. We can relax here for a while, then continue the trek to Aguas Calientes.
Optional: ZIPLINE service isn’t included in your tour, if you would like to do just book with us; don’t lose this awesome experience.
Aguas Calientes Town – Machu Picchu citadel – Cusco
The group will get up early to go to Machu Picchu, following an ascending route through the high forest, where we can have the opportunity to see the sunrise.
The guide will show us Machu Picchu sanctuary for 2 hrs. approx. Later the group will be free to enjoy Machu Picchu by themselves.
We return by walking (3 hours and a half hours) to Hydroelectric where our bus is waiting for us until 3:00pm to take us back to Cusco city, arriving around 10 pm.
Note: There is possibility to spend one more night in Machu Picchu town paying extra US$ 30.00, and return next day (if you want to climbing Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain paying extra US $ 30.00) it’s a good idea because you will have a wonderful experience.
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not suitable for children under 10 years old
- Not suitable for people with physical disabilities