Humantay lake – full day
Humantay lake located in the district of Mollepata, and under the snow that gives its name; this lake is wonderful, majestic and amazing for all those tourists who approach it and a long time the lake wasn’t part of the tourist route to Salkantay snowy.
However, some time ago we began to make the route to visit the lake in just one day, and now we don’t need to have a trek for many days to see and enjoy this awesome place.
Attractions You’ll See
- Transportation from Cusco to Soraypampa
- transportation from Soraypampa to Cusco
- Vegetarian options available.
- Entrance Fees
- Entrance ticket to Humantay lake
- Professional bilingual guide,
Does not include
- Treckking Accesories
- Strong walking shoes for trekking.
- Lightweight backpack
- Some cash in small bills.
- Hat or cap.
- Rain coat.(just in raining season)
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- Personal Care
- Eco-friendly Tomatodo (canteen)
- Camera with extra batteries and memory
- Toilet paper
- First Aid Kit
- Sunblock with a 40 UV factor of at least
- Medical or personal items.
Soraypampa - Humantay lake
After we pick you up at your accommodation, we will begin our adventure to the Humantay Lake with a 3:30 hour transportation to Soraypampa (3850 masl).
In Mollepata we’ll have a delicious breakfast to begin a great day, then we’ll go to Soraypampa to start our trek until we’ll arrive to Humantay lake (4200 m.a.s.l) with beautiful views and if the sky is clear, we can see the awesome Salkantay and Humantay snowy.
This trek is around 2 hours to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty, and it's worth when you’ll take a look. Also it’s possible to rent a horse.
We’ll have enough time for pictures, and give an offering to “APUS” or to the most important mountains there.
After a free time, we’ll begin our descent to Soraypampa in approximately 2 hours, which is much easier than going up. In Mollepata we’ll have lunch and then after to have a break we’ll return to Cusco arriving approximately at 6 p.m
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not suitable for children under 10 years old
- Not suitable for people with physical disabilities